Post 1. Hello.
Well... now that Patrick Stuart has been knighted, Ana Paquin is bisexual, and Sarah Palin has finally uncovered the secret motives of double-agent environmentalists .... what's there left to do but start (another) blog?
I was thinking about how much I'd like to have a magic chalkboard to write all of this down...and the imagery of me (young blondish person) writing my narrative in chalk to illustrate points to you (the audience at home) has made me realize something incredibly important:
=

Anyway.
Welcome! Nice to have you here. Let me show you around the place:
Top Navigation Bar:
I was thinking about how much I'd like to have a magic chalkboard to write all of this down...and the imagery of me (young blondish person) writing my narrative in chalk to illustrate points to you (the audience at home) has made me realize something incredibly important:
=
.... I'm just sayin'....
Anyway.
Welcome! Nice to have you here. Let me show you around the place:
Top Navigation Bar:
- Home- If you've managed to navigate the internets this far, you probably know what this does.
- The 140- My Twitter feed, if you're interested at all. Follow me. Say Hi. Or just roll your eyes to learn that, yes, I'm an addict, too.
- The Face(book)- This is how you find me. If you've been around and commenting and being a generally pleasant person, please friend me! If you've not made yourself known, I'll assume you're a bot and ignore your request.
- The Guestbook- One great way to make yourself known is to sign my Guestbook! I plan to post certain select, fun, thoughtful, or otherwise nifty entries... so be clever, dammit. If you're obscene (in the bad way) you'll just be blacklisted and forever ignored. And I'll use your email address when I fill out online forms so that you get all my spam. In general, though, I won't do this and would love just to hear from ya'll.
- Share Stuff- The touchy-feely share time vibe just increases as you move to the right (or decreases as you move to the left, if you're reading this in an Arabic speaking country). Twitter is just the 140. Facebook is a bit more open, but still in keeping with the quasi-neutral social network vibe. The Guestbook lets you write personal notes and maybe get published right here on the OXC... and Share Stuff is how I'd love for you to get in touch if you have work that you'd like me to take a look at. I love to give feedback or be a test-audience for others' works of art. So use this form to invite me to your cloud, or to link me to your site, etc. etc.
Side Columns:
Actually, I imagine that most of this is pretty self- explanatory. If you have questions, feel free to drop a line.
* Regarding Commenting: I love comments, intelligent argument, and profanity. That said: if any profanely argumentative comments fringing on the hateful are brought to my attention by concerned but otherwise sensitive readers... I'll ban your ass so fast ... it'll be the fastest thing I've ever done.
Be nice. It's a sandbox. But that doesn't mean y'all should be throwing the fucking sand.
Okay, I think that's it!
Further sundries will come to mind, I'm sure. But for now, thanks for reading. It was nice to have you.
A.
Be nice. It's a sandbox. But that doesn't mean y'all should be throwing the fucking sand.
Okay, I think that's it!
Further sundries will come to mind, I'm sure. But for now, thanks for reading. It was nice to have you.
A.
0 comments:
Post a Comment